Friday, June 24, 2016

Pandan Coconut Milk Hokkaido Loaf with Raisins

My sincere apologies for being away for close to 2 months. Cutting long story short, I went on a 3 weeks' holiday and was contracted with conjunctivitis. Cut short my trip and the doctors here gave me another 3 weeks of MC. As conjunctivitis is contagious, I have a "No Touching of Flour" holiday. 

Coming back to my love for Hokkaido Loaf, I tried many recipes with Pandan flavor for months but none gave me the satisfaction until this very one that I would like my friends here to try.

Pandan Coconut Milk Hokkaido Loaf with Raisins (750g Loaf)

Ingredients:

1              Egg (55g)
10g         Coconut Oil
100g      Coconut Milk
100g      Fresh Milk
1/4 tsp   Pandan Paste
40g        Caster sugar
4g           Sea Salt (3/4 tsp)
280g     Bread Flour
30g        Cake Flour
15g         Milk Powder
5g           Instant Dry Yeast (1 + 1/2 tsp)
70g        Raisins

Ingredients for Pandan Coconut Milk Hokkaido Loaf and mind you, the Egg is missing from the Image. My apology.

Method:

Step 1: Firstly, break the Egg into the Bread Pan, follow by the Coconut Oil, Fresh Milk and Coconut Milk.

Step 2: Pour in the Pandan Paste; In this bake, I am using the commercial Pandan Paste that is replaceable by extracting from Fresh Pandan Leaves. After which, add on Salt and Sugar, each on opposite sides. This is very important Rule of Thumb for baking bread using Breadmaker and do remember it by heart.

Step 3: Measure the Bread Flour, Cake Flour and Milk Powder altogether and pour in to the Bread Pan. Be sure that the Flour mixture should cover all the liquid ingredients. Then, by using the measurement spoon, dig a hole in the center.

Step 4: Pour in the Instant Dry Yeast. Voila, you are ready to go!

Step 5: Transfer the Bread Pan to the Breadmaker and Lock the Pan. Set the machine to Basic Function, follow by 750g Loaf Size and Medium Crust. Press Start thereafter.

Step 6: Meanwhile, weigh the Raisins to pour into the Bread Pan when the machine beeps 5 times.

Step 7: When the Breadmaker beeps, pour the Raisins into the Bread Pan. As a side note, this combination is a little wet on the dough when it first started kneading but rest assured that it is okay. You can now either sit back and relax waiting for a fresh loaf or you can occasionally peep into the machine like what I usually do.

Step 8: This will be the dough during the First Stage and Second Stage of Dough Proofing Process in the Bread Machine. After the Second Proof, the Bread Machine shall start to bake. So no more peeping thereafter.

When the 3 hours cycle completes, this is the beautiful Pandan Coconut Milk Hokkaido Loaf that you will get. Remember to cool the Hokkaido Loaf before you cut the Loaf, otherwise it will become wet.

And this is the green Pandan colour that you will be having and trust me, this Recipe is surely to keep. The loaf is soft and the aroma of the Coconut Milk makes me feel really hungry, even when I'm writing this. Do try and let me have your feedback.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I just bought the same bread maker and I am so glad to find you��.I would like to find out at wat point will i get the 5 beeps? Dont wanna be standing next to the machine..
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yvette, thank you for visiting. The timing of the dosing buzzer alerts depends on the type of functions that you choose for baking and are stated in the manual guide for each function and loaf size. Nevertheless, I'm using Basic Function and 750g loaf size, the dosing buzzer alert is at 2:25.

      Delete
  2. Why must the salt and sugar be placed at opposite sides?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jasmine,

      Salt inhibits the activation of yeast, whilst Sugar provides as a food source to enhance the activation of yeast. This separation and through a layer of Flour with the yeast is important especially when baking using a delayed timer. Hence, I have made it a rule of thumb for myself to separate them regardless of whether I am baking the bread instantly or using a delayed timer. Of course, each breadmaker has prefixed its own sequence of pouring the ingredients for eg. my Breadmaker requires liquids first then dry ingredients whilst some brands requires dry ingredients first follow by liquid ingredients. Thus, you may need to also refer to your user manual to determine the sequence.

      Delete
    2. Oh I see, thanks so much for explaining! :)

      Delete